Osmotic Talent Development (OTD) Programme
A programme to introduce Osmotic Talent Development techniques to develop & amplify organisational talent towards achieving world-class standing.
Why Osmotic Talent Development?
OTD is a step by step organic way to develop competency:
- Benchmarking an organisation’s talent assets according to best-known competency levels
- Analysing its competency gaps
- Closing these gaps organically
Benefits of Osmotic Talent Development
This is a programme that grooms the organisation’s workforce towards continuous re-invention & innovation to the next level of competitiveness.
Improvements in the short term are increased levels of operational excellence, including:
- An awareness of Best-in-Class standards for key job roles
- Improved efficiency via the detailed mapping of content experts
- Continuous improvement via gaps-driven and best-practice-based learning solutions
- Improved quality via the capture and propagation of best practices
- A clear picture of one’s knowledge needs, knowledge gaps and where knowledge solutions may be found
The Osmotic Talent Development programme is deployed according to Fig. 1 below, i.e.:
- Defining all benchmarks relevant to the organisation
- Identifying the employees' knowledge needs
- Assessing their knowledge gaps
- Formulating knowledge solutions to close them
The Osmotic Talent Development model starts off with Talent Benchmarking to Best-in-Class practices/standards, followed by Organic Solutioning to achieving them.
The Talent Benchmarking focuses include:
- Identifying key job roles (or core competencies); which therefore sets the scope of the programme.
- Establishing the Best-in-Class benchmarks for each job role.
- Defining the Best-in-Class skill-sets for each job role.
- Assessing the knowledge gaps of each employee in each job role.
This is followed by the Organic Solutioning focuses which include:
- The seeding of 'push' interventions such as classroom training, certification programmes, forum sessions, coaching sessions, etc.
- The cultivation of 'pull' osmoses such as directories of subject-matter experts for each job role; & optionally, collections of other online resources such as website references, learning video clips, e-books, etc.
Note: A software tool will be used to facilitate deployment.
- Both Top-down and Bottom-up approach to minimise organisational resistance & maximise programme ownership, thus improving the driving factors of successful implementation.
- The OTD programme is designed to focus on engaging the organisation's teams/employees by involving them as key stakeholders in most parts of implementation—e.g. by letting them state their challenges, formulate their solutions and drive their pace of talent development.